Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Affected me personally?

Romantic movies have affected me the most in dealing with hyper reality. The first movie is “A Cinderella Story” with Chad Michael Murray, and in this movie he runs after the girl he has his eye on, looks her in the eye and says, “Something I should have done a long time ago” when she asked him what he is doing and then moves in to kiss her. This scene makes me believe or want to believe that all fights in a relationship will work itself out without having to communicate with the other person. It also makes me believe that the perfect man would chase after his girlfriend no matter what the circumstances, when obviously that is not true, but it happens in this movie, as well as many others. A second movie that has affected me personally is “A Walk to Remember” with Shane West and Mandy Moore. In this movie, Mandy Moore asks Shane West to promise that he “will not fall in love with her,” and in the end, he falls in love with her, of course. This quote makes me believe that men will change for the person that they love, that they will do whatever it takes to be with you, and change whatever actions you do not like. It also makes me believe that love can conquer all problems, no matter how big or small they are.

“A Cinderella Story”
“A Walk to Remember”

No comments: